From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:21:30
1 On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 20:46:32 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> emerge -n sys-boot/grub:0 and make sure no other grub entries appear
4 > >> in <at> world
5 > >
6 > > I added the generic grub2 to the package.mask
7 > >
8 > > sys-boot/grub:2
9 > >
10 > > It's all good now. I'm ignoring grub-static.
11 > > grub-0.97.r14 seems fine.
14 > > thx (everyone),
15 > > James
18 > To be sure, I'd take the lowest version and put a >= in front. Based on
19 > what I get here, it should look like this in the mask file:
20 >
21 > >=sys-boot/grub-2.00_p5107-r2
22 >
23 > That way you don't have to worry about the new version that may come
24 > later, and if the old grub gets removed from the tree.
25
26 you don't need to mask anything, just tell portage what you want rather
27 than what you don't want. Tell it you want slot 0 and that's what you'll
28 get.
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 "I think not," said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.