From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] normal user do not have access to usb, and many other things
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:06:30
1 On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Yes, that's how it *should* work, but it evidently isn't.  Maybe
3 > someone else more experienced in KDE can explain what happened and why
4 > the particular functions are now not available to plain users, or if
5 > you have another machine which has been running properly you could
6 > compare and contrast access rights between the two systems.
7 >
8 > Meanwhile, just as a test, you may want to logout of X, move the
9 > /root/.kde4 folder and /home/<user>/.kde4 somewhere else, then restart
10 > X as a plain user and see if these functions are working properly now.
11 >  If not then I suspect the problem is not with these user specific
12 > configuration files but with the system KDE or X files.
13 >
14 > HTH.
15 > --
16 > Regards,
17 > Mick
22 i tried your idea, no doubt, it does not work. hope someone with more
23 system admin knowledge could help me :)
27 Best Regards,
28 David Shen
29
30 http://twitter.com/davidshen84/