From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updated world -> KDE colours have gone feral....
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 08:49:42
1 On Sunday, 31 May 2020 08:12:00 BST Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > A few days ago I did an "emerge -NuD world" on my KDE based desktop
4 > machine. When I rebooted the machine, the colours had gone a bit weird.
5 > I use the Nordic scheme which is dark but now, for example, when I open
6 > Dolphin, the alternating horizontal stips/stripes that go from the
7 > dir/file name across through the Modified/Type/Size area have undergone
8 > a colour change with the lighter horizontal stripes now nearly the
9 > colour of the text hence I can't read every second row. Other
10 > applications also display this behaviour, it appears that the colour
11 > palette is being modified somehow!
12 >
13 > If I go into the "System Settings" and change the "Global Theme" to
14 > something else, say "Breeze Dark", apply, then change back to Nordic,
15 > hey presto the colours are back as they should be. Reboot and the dodgy
16 > colours are back, go to "System Settings".....rinse, repeat......
17 >
18 > Anyone have experience with this sort of problem? Is there a way to
19 > reset the palette? Is there a way to refresh/reset the theme? I don't
20 > have a whole series of customised keystrokes etc so if it's a case of
21 > just blowing away a config file/dir and then the system will reset
22 > itself, that's not a problem.
23
24 I use the Norway scheme; it's a good compromise between all those popular,
25 pallid schemes and a very dark scheme.
26
27 The Norway scheme has gone AWOL since the latest qt update. It leaves Konsole
28 without any frame or title bar at all. I can get it back, as you do, but after
29 merely logging out and in, it's gone again.
32 Regards,
33 Peter.