From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Live 11.0
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 23:37:31
1 On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:52:25PM +0000, James wrote
2
3 > OK Mark and Neil. I got the picture. I'll flush
4 > this out as I do seem to still have some
5 > 32bit apps on the 64bit AMD systems. Most likely
6 > I can get rid of these.
7
8 WINE, which runs some Windows apps, will not build on a 64-bit system
9 without multilib support. I found that out "the hard way" after
10 installing pure 64-bit on my machine. Rather than wipe+reinstall, I
11 ended up installing a 32-bit Gentoo guest under qemu-kvm, and installed
12 WINE on that.
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>