From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Live 11.0
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:06:47
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes <at> waltdnes.org> writes:
4 > WINE, which runs some Windows apps, will not build on a 64-bit system
5 > without multilib support. I found that out "the hard way" after
6 > installing pure 64-bit on my machine. Rather than wipe+reinstall, I
7 > ended up installing a 32-bit Gentoo guest under qemu-kvm, and installed
8 > WINE on that.
11 Walter,
12 You have confused me. First you indicate that multilib is
13 needed for WINE. Then you indicate that you had to use the
14 32 bit mixed mode (no multilib).... under qemu-kvm, and
15 and then install WINE under the 32 bit qemu.
16
17 So if you were installing a system, just to run wine, would it
18 be multilib or hybrid (64 and 32 bit) ?
21 James