From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Wayland - too early to try?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 22:10:18
1 > I copied /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop to
2 > /usr/share/wayland-
3 > sessions/ and tried to select it in LightDM.  Unfortunately LightDM
4 > returns me
5 > back to the login page.  I don't know if this is a result of LightDM
6 > not being
7 > compatible with Wayland and friends, or if I need to install some
8 > other
9 > package in addition to what has been emerged already.
10
11 The desktop manager needs to be using wayland to be able to launch
12 wayland desktop sessions. LightDM is not such a desktop manager to my
13 knowledge and you won't be able to launch any wayland sessions with it.
14
15 Mart