From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Wayland - too early to try?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 22:14:36
1 On Wednesday 12 Jul 2017 01:10:00 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > > I copied /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop to
3 > > /usr/share/wayland-
4 > > sessions/ and tried to select it in LightDM. Unfortunately LightDM
5 > > returns me
6 > > back to the login page. I don't know if this is a result of LightDM
7 > > not being
8 > > compatible with Wayland and friends, or if I need to install some
9 > > other
10 > > package in addition to what has been emerged already.
11 >
12 > The desktop manager needs to be using wayland to be able to launch
13 > wayland desktop sessions. LightDM is not such a desktop manager to my
14 > knowledge and you won't be able to launch any wayland sessions with it.
15 >
16 > Mart
17
18 Thanks Mart, what other DM or means do I have to launch enlightenment with
19 wayland? I'm guessing the time honoured startx from a console won't cut it.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick