From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Wayland - too early to try?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 18:44:11
1 Ühel kenal päeval, T, 11.07.2017 kell 23:14, kirjutas Mick:
2 > On Wednesday 12 Jul 2017 01:10:00 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
3 > > > I copied /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop to
4 > > > /usr/share/wayland-
5 > > > sessions/ and tried to select it in LightDM.  Unfortunately
6 > > > LightDM
7 > > > returns me
8 > > > back to the login page.  I don't know if this is a result of
9 > > > LightDM
10 > > > not being
11 > > > compatible with Wayland and friends, or if I need to install some
12 > > > other
13 > > > package in addition to what has been emerged already.
14 > >
15 > > The desktop manager needs to be using wayland to be able to launch
16 > > wayland desktop sessions. LightDM is not such a desktop manager to
17 > > my
18 > > knowledge and you won't be able to launch any wayland sessions with
19 > > it.
20 > >
21 > > Mart
22 >
23 > Thanks Mart, what other DM or means do I have to launch enlightenment
24 > with
25 > wayland?  I'm guessing the time honoured startx from a console won't
26 > cut it.
27
28 Someone else was trying Sway with LightDM and got it to work. LightDM
29 wiki page also says it supports Wayland. But maybe our packaging
30 doesn't, I need to check back with him. Did you check with LightDM as-
31 is? It ought to show stuff from /usr/share/wayland-sessions/ as choices
32 (maybe enlightenment doesn't have an entry there?).
33
34 Command line launching should be possible, but I don't know the details
35 to get everything going correctly.
38 Mart