From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re enter chroot install
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 01:07:07
1 On Thu, 15 May 2008 00:56:29 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > I have a installation that did not complete successfully.
4 > I need to re enter the chroot environment, using a
5 > install cd. For argue purposes, let's assume the hard drive
6 > is formatted exactly as the example in the handbook. All I want to
7 > do is emerge an older kernel and compile it. According
8 > to what I glean from the handbook, these are the minimal steps
9 > to re enter the chroot environment after a failed reboot:
10 >
11 > # mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/gentoo
12
13 check...
14
15 > # mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot
16
17 shouldn't be needed, you did this the first time right?
18
19 > # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
20 > # mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
21 > # mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
22 > # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
23 > # env-update
24 > # source /etc/profile
25 > # export PS1="(chroot) $PS1"
26
27 check...
28
29 > Anything else I missed?
30
31 No, that looks about right.
32
33 > Any of the above steps that are not necessary?
34
35 the mkdir...
36
37 Rob.