From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re enter chroot install
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 00:56:54
1 Hello,
2
3 I have a installation that did not complete successfully.
4 I need to re enter the chroot environment, using a
5 install cd. For argue purposes, let's assume the hard drive
6 is formatted exactly as the example in the handbook. All I want to
7 do is emerge an older kernel and compile it. According
8 to what I glean from the handbook, these are the minimal steps
9 to re enter the chroot environment after a failed reboot:
15 # mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/gentoo
16 # mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot
17 # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
18 # mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
19 # mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
20 # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
21 # env-update
22 # source /etc/profile
23 # export PS1="(chroot) $PS1"
26 Anything else I missed?
27 Any of the above steps that are not necessary?
30 James
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list