From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-4.3 tweenview does not work
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 15:50:34
1 On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 26 December 2009 19:29:10 Xi Shen wrote:
3 >> hi,
4 >>
5 >> my system is gentoo amd64, kde-4.3, my graphic card is nvidia's. i use
6 >> nvidia-settings to set up my two displayer to work in the tweenview
7 >> mode. it supposed to have two separate desktop, instead it have a
8 >> large desktop expand two displayer.
9 >>
10 >> on gnome and windows, tweenview always sets up two separate desktop.
11 >> how can i set this on kde?
14 > Per the nvidia-driver docs (/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-190.53/README.bz2),
15 > TwinView is designed to give you one large desktop and there's not much you
16 > can do about that in KDE.
17 >
18 > See Chap 15 of that same doc for a description of how to configure two
19 > separate screens.
20 >
21 > --
22 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
27 i found this README file. i do not know why it is not installed on one
28 of my gentoo server.
29
30 i followed the chapter 15 to configure my xorg.conf file. and i made a
31 very little progress :)
32
33 now, after X started, i only have only one monitor displaying a
34 desktop. the other monitor is black, however, i can move my mouse to
35 that monitor. but i cannot move any window to that monitor. when i
36 move my mouse to that monitor, the mouse is displayed as a "X", looks
37 like when you run "X -config xorg.conf.new" to test if the X is set up
38 correctly. i attached my xorg.conf file. i hope you can help me fix
39 this ;)
43 Best Regards,
44 David Shen
45