From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Music Database Collection
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 05:53:52
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 17:49, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Sean wrote:
3 > > I would like to create a database of some sort for my music collection.
4 > > It is large so I thought that somehow I could use some application
5 > > that could pull the info from a freebd server and if I wished I could
6 > > alter any info. Try to entering it all by hand will be just to big of
7 > > a project.
8 > My vote goes to media-sound/amarok.
9 Yeah mine goes to Amarok too. I've got a lot of music. I love the ability to
10 use a proper DB as my backend. I use postgresql and the DB is currently 7.0
11 gigs. It was much much larger until I enabled autovaccuum...
12
13 By having your musicDB split off onto a postgres backend you can do whatever
14 you like with it.
15 --
16 Zac Slade
17 krakrjak@××××××××××.net