From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 MTP failure
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:47:45
1 On Wednesday 14 Jun 2017 08:05:47 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > Well, did I just have an exercise in frustration.
3 >
4 > I needed to get a couple pictures off my phone (using MTP) so I plugged
5 > it into my computer. It asked for permission on my phone, I allowed it -
6 > then KDE reports the MTP process died.
7 >
8 > So I tried a second time but faster tapping 'allow' on my phone and got
9 > it to list directory contents.
10 >
11 > I selected the five pictures I needed, and dragged and dropped them to
12 > their destination (Pictures folder).
13 >
14 > The phone then asked for permission five time in about 500ms - not
15 > enough to allow them.
16 >
17 > So the MTP process crapped out again.
18 >
19 > I repeated this three times and cursed at KDE (it used to work, I
20 > haven't had to copy files off my phone in more than six months) and
21 > emailed them to myself.
22 >
23 > Does anyone know why KDE/mtp would exhibit this type of behaviour?
24 >
25 > Dan
26
27 A long shot, but you never know if it will help in your case. (Re)install
28 kde-apps/kwalletd-16.04.3-r1 and see if all this multiple-asking for
29 permission goes away. It may just be that the KDE application in question was
30 working well with kwalletd:4, but not kwalletd:5.
33 Regards,
34 Mick