From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 MTP failure
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:05:58
1 Well, did I just have an exercise in frustration.
2
3 I needed to get a couple pictures off my phone (using MTP) so I plugged
4 it into my computer. It asked for permission on my phone, I allowed it -
5 then KDE reports the MTP process died.
6
7 So I tried a second time but faster tapping 'allow' on my phone and got
8 it to list directory contents.
9
10 I selected the five pictures I needed, and dragged and dropped them to
11 their destination (Pictures folder).
12
13 The phone then asked for permission five time in about 500ms - not
14 enough to allow them.
15
16 So the MTP process crapped out again.
17
18 I repeated this three times and cursed at KDE (it used to work, I
19 haven't had to copy files off my phone in more than six months) and
20 emailed them to myself.
21
22 Does anyone know why KDE/mtp would exhibit this type of behaviour?
23
24 Dan