From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 MTP failure
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:52:50
1 On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Does anyone know why KDE/mtp would exhibit this type of behaviour?
6 Unfortunately I don't have an installation to reproduce this with but
7 I'd blame the underlying MTP implementation first. It may have changed
8 unbeknownst to KDE and thus KDE tries to connect repeatedly, or KDE is
9 invoking it incorrectly. Is there anywhere you can see log messages?
10
11 When I was trying to actually use my mobile device as advertised it
12 was recommended I use the command line MTP tools - at the very least
13 this will give you better errors. More recently I've regressed to
14 using SD cards (and met a few people who do the same, even on
15 Windows), which can be a pain if it's behind the battery cover.