From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 + framebuffer - does it work?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:55:40
1 On 4/15/06, Rohit Sharma <bhavhit@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Thank, Richard - I shall follow you advice. You chose the following I
3 > presume?
4 > - kernel sources [gentoo-sources]
5
6 I'm using suspend2-sources (notice the 'suspend2' in my kernel
7 version), but gentoo-sources should work also.
8
9 Everything else is ok.
10 >
11 > Any tips for me to ensure that my consoles are not corrupted once X
12 > starts and I want command line ob consoles. I think that is what you
13 > meant by stable-framebuffer, didn't you?
14
15 Not really...it should just work. If it doesn't, I guess you could
16 experiment with different resolutions for the console.
17
18 Remember that you can choose the console resolution by changing the
19 video= option passed to the kernel at boot time (e.g.
20 video=vesafb:1400x1050-32@60), or with the fbres command (part of
21 splashutils).
22
23 -Richard