From: Rohit Sharma <bhavhit@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 + framebuffer - does it work?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:57:11
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 >I would suggest not dealing with bootsplash issues at this point, and
4 >work on getting a stable framebuffer working. Once you have that, the
5 >bootsplash side of things is pretty straight-forward.
8 Thank, Richard - I shall follow you advice. You chose the following I
9 presume?
10 - kernel sources [gentoo-sources]
11 - in kernel config [chose framebuffer-tng]
12 - X11 served by Xorg
13
14 Any tips for me to ensure that my consoles are not corrupted once X
15 starts and I want command line ob consoles. I think that is what you
16 meant by stable-framebuffer, didn't you? Please bear with me in case
17 this has been answered before. Apologies in that case - and I would
18 really appreciate any pointers.
19
20 Thank you so much
21 Rohit