From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eject and util-linux blocker
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:10:27
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > Your basic problem is that you have static and static-libs in USE. When
4 > applied to lvm, a whole bunch of blockers kick in and you get what you
5 > got. So take them out of USE.
6 >
7 > USE="static static-libs" has it's uses, it's great for building rescue
8 > disks, busybox and maybe some disk repair utils, but makes very little
9 > sense on a regular workstation. If you break your workstation, you'll
10 > boot off a rescue disk and use the tools on it to fix your install, so
11 > you don't need it on the main system.
12 >
13 > There is nothing wrong with your eudev.
14 > lvm2 is bitching about blockers between lvm2 built with "USE=static" and
15 > udev - there's some incompatibility there and the ebuild knows about them
19 I went through the package.use file and commented out the static and
20 static-libs stuff. It seems happy but thing is, when I put them there,
21 they were needed for some reason. Actually, all the parts I found had
22 the output of where emerge said those were needed. Maybe the reason
23 they were needed then has changed and they are no longer needed. I hope
24 anyway. ;-)
25
26 Thanks. I'm not sure I would have ever figured out that it was that
27 causing the problem. That got pretty deep.
28
29 Dale
30