From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 ??
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 19:28:42
1 On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > Since I don't teach again until sept, this seems like a good time to try
3 > gnome 3.  Before I do, I wonder how others have fared.
4 >
5 > This is gnome 3 vs gnome 2 (not kde).
6 >
7 > thanks,
8 > allan
9 >
10 > PS my system is ~amd64.
11
12 I actually like it a lot. However, a lot of things are not
13 customizable, and several other things behave completely different
14 from GNOME 2. I've been using it since the last month or so, and I
15 think I'm already used to the new UI. I believe it's a little faster
16 than GNOME 2, and it definitely get less in the way to actually do
17 work.
18
19 Just my opinion. Regards.
20 --