From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 05:51:28
1 Heiko Baums composed on 2015-08-06 07:19 (UTC+0200):
2 ...
3 > It's actually pretty easy.
4
5 I'm sure plenty have found that to be the case. My problem is inability to
6 connect the dots between the 12.1 column on
7 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=gentoo and the instructions.
8 Goal #1 is to get Grub 0.97 on my first pass following those instructions,
9 and Grub2 never, rather than skipping the bootloader installation step. Goal
10 #2 is to get through that first pass without any of systemd being installed.
11 Choosing options rather accepting defaults is not "pretty easy", at least for
12 me who installed Gentoo only once previously, more than 4 years ago.
13 --
14 "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
15 words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
16
17 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
18
19 Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/