From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE plasmashell and wallpapers.
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 15:30:21
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 28 December 2019 05:57:16 GMT Dale wrote:
3 >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 20:42:07 GMT Dale wrote:
5 >>>> I think I'm just going to have to whittle down the number for a while.
6 >>>> Maybe later on a fix will come along. Maybe.
7 >>> What happens if you switch off file indexing in the control panel, or just
8 >>> its subsidiary option Also Index file content? Workspace > Search >
9 >>> Enable File Search.
10 >> I looked around in the System Settings window and can't find that
11 >> setting. Am I looking in the right place? I sort of think this is a
12 >> separate thing tho. It may be using the same tool but won't be
13 >> controlled by system settings. Anything is possible tho. I'll
14 >> certainly test the option if I can find it. ;-)
15 > I may have misled you by calling it the Control Panel. It's actually System
16 > Settings > Workspace > Search > Enable File Search.
17 >
18 > I wouldn't expect your wallpaper operations to be affected by this, but then
19 > what do I know about it? ;)
22 I must have it disabled by a USE flag or something because there is no
23 mention of search in the list.  I recall disabling some stuff when I was
24 switching to KDE4.  On the rare occasion I need to find something, there
25 is locate, find and friends.  Plus, Dolphin and other file managers have
26 their own search tools anyway.
27
28 Worth a shot I guess.  ;-)
29