From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:30:10
1 On Monday 13 March 2006 17.34, Chris Frederick wrote:
2 > Mike Myers wrote:
3 >
4 > This is a transcode problem. There's a couple filters for transcode
5 > that are bad. Get rid of (or rename) the
6 > /usr/lib/transcode/filter_compare.so and
7 > /usr/lib/transcode/filter_logo.so files. I had the same problem and I
8 > searched the net for hours to find this, and this is what fixed it for me.
9 >
10 > I don't know if this is a problem with transcode, or if it's a ebuild
11 > problem that causes those filters to hang, but I re-emerged dvdrip and
12 > transcode several times and those files were recreated every time.
13 >
14 > Hope that helps
15 >
16 > Chris Frederick
17
18 Yes, thanks, it did help.
19
20 However, now that I can compare, Acidrip/Mplayer is much faster than
21 DVDrip/transcode and, as far as I am concerned, the results are not worse.
22
23 Thierry
26 The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
27 capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
28 safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
29 Frank Zappa
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list