From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:38:09
1 Mike Myers wrote:
2 > Hi everybody!
3 >
4 > I'm having trouble with the dvdrip program. Whenever I run it, it
5 > just gives me:
6 >
7 > [filterlist] (re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode...
8 >
9 > but doesn't actually do anything. I don't get a gui or anything. Is
10 > there anything I can do to fix this? Or, is there an alternative that
11 > I can use to rip dvds and redo them to remove the stupid region codes?
12 >
13 > Thanks for the help!
14 > Mike
15 > --
16 > Mike Myers
17 > mike@××××.us
18 > http://www.yaay.us
21 This is a transcode problem. There's a couple filters for transcode
22 that are bad. Get rid of (or rename) the
23 /usr/lib/transcode/filter_compare.so and
24 /usr/lib/transcode/filter_logo.so files. I had the same problem and I
25 searched the net for hours to find this, and this is what fixed it for me.
26
27 I don't know if this is a problem with transcode, or if it's a ebuild
28 problem that causes those filters to hang, but I re-emerged dvdrip and
29 transcode several times and those files were recreated every time.
30
31 Hope that helps
32
33 Chris Frederick