From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help building pg_dumpfile
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:15:27
1 > The source directory should point to...well...the package sources.
2 > That is, wherever you extracted the sources to. Pointing them to
3 > /usr/lib/postgresql is only valid if you extracted the sources there.
4 > If you extracted them to your home directory for example, you would
5 > point to the directory there. Most likely this will the same
6 > directory where the Makefile is located.
7
8 Richard, thanks for your reply. I believe that PGSQL must point to the postgresql source
9 directory. I am not sure where these sources are since I used emerge to build PostgreSQL. I
10 can't remember if emerge removes the sources when it completes its processing. Do you have any
11 suggestions for me to find/re-add these directories?
12
13 However, I did try your suggest by pointing the PGSQL to the source directory for pg_filedump:
14 # PGSQL MUST POINT TO pgsql SOURCE DIRECTORY
15 #PGSQL=../../../../postgres/pgsql
16 PGSQL=/home/richard/work/pg_filedump-8.1
17
18 However, I am still getting the same error as before:
19 make
20 make: *** No rule to make target
21 `/home/richard/work/pg_filedump-8.1/src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.c', needed by `pg_crc.o'. Stop.
22
23 Thanks for your reply.
24
25 Regards,