From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linuxtv-dvb-headers gone virtual blocks mythtv overlay
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 07:51:37
1 On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:19:33 +0100
2 Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 02/16/2012 09:16 AM, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
5 > > On 16.02.2012 08:58, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
6 > >> I suppose that my only options for rebuilding mythtv are to wait
7 > >> for upstream to update the ebuild or to update it myself. How
8 > >> difficult would the latter be?
9 > >
10 > > If the package just moved from media-tv to virtual it's easy:
11 > >
12 > > You should make a private overlay and copy the ebuild with the
13 > > dependency there:
14 >
15 > I went for a simpler route to just edit the ebuild and rebuild the
16 > manifest.
17 >
18 > raf
19
20 Your changes will be overwritten and reverted next time you resync the
21 portage tree and every time thereafter.
22
23 Editing the ebuild is not the simplest route, it is a vastly more
24 complex route. Instead, put the ebuild in the local overlay where
25 portage knows not to touch it. A local overlay does not require layman.
28 Alan McKinnnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com