From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Linus ranting about Gnome3
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:25:28
1 On 06/16/2012 12:01 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> FWIW, I recently tried Windows 8 beta (on virtualbox, of course)
4 >> and I found it unusable. Why? Because they are rushing to
5 >> catch up with gnome3. Their new desktop looks very much like
6 >> a smartphone.
7 >>
8 >> I guess they figure the desktop will be extinct relatively soon
9 >> and their customer base will vanish unless they capture the
10 >> smartphone market.
11 >
12 > Or they realized that the "old" users doesn't really matter, because
13 > what is important is the younger generation being raised using
14 > smartphones and tablets, and which play with Wii, Xbox Kinect or PS3
15 > Move. That's the important market, and the future.
16 >
17 > BTW, using GNOME 3 for more than one year in my laptop and desktop,
18 > and I love it. I also want a tablet with it.
19
20 Well, now it becomes clear. I just read that MS has officially
21 released Surface, its new Win8-powered tablet.