From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Linus ranting about Gnome3
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 19:03:39
1 On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > FWIW, I recently tried Windows 8 beta (on virtualbox, of course)
3 > and I found it unusable.  Why?  Because they are rushing to
4 > catch up with gnome3.  Their new desktop looks very much like
5 > a smartphone.
6 >
7 > I guess they figure the desktop will be extinct relatively soon
8 > and their customer base will vanish unless they capture the
9 > smartphone market.
10
11 Or they realized that the "old" users doesn't really matter, because
12 what is important is the younger generation being raised using
13 smartphones and tablets, and which play with Wii, Xbox Kinect or PS3
14 Move. That's the important market, and the future.
15
16 BTW, using GNOME 3 for more than one year in my laptop and desktop,
17 and I love it. I also want a tablet with it.
18
19 Regards.
20 --
21 Canek Peláez Valdés