From: "Frédéric Grosshans" <frederic.grosshans.1995@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No /dev/sda1 with Klingston usb disk. Wrong lsusb output.
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:44:09
1 Hi Jeff
2
3 Le lundi 17 avril 2006 à 10:52 -0400, Jeff a écrit :
4
5 > Is the USB key in question formatted with a FAT partition by chance?
6
7 I think, if it was a format problem, I would see a /dev/sda1 node, but
8 wouldn't be able to mount it. I don't even see that /dev/sda1 , and
9 fdisk has no access to /dev/sda (to reformat the disk)
10
11 > If
12 > so, you may need to load the vfat module as root, or, build vfat
13 > (Windows FAT32) filesystem support into your kernel, or perhaps, add an
14 > entry for the USB key in your /etc/fstab if you already have vfat support.
15
16 Thanks, but I already have vfat selected in kernel (not as module) and a
17 fstab entry. Furthermore, the same USB disk has worked once before (with
18 small files).
19
20 If only it was such a stupid mistake ! (I'm used to such "user bugs",
21 but this time, I've got the sad feeling I did everything correctly...)
24 Thanks for the help.
25
26 > Sláinte!
27
28 Merci,
29
30 Fred
31
32 > --
33 > Princess Leia gets her first look at the Millennium Falcon.
34 > Princess Leia:
35 > You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!
36
37 I don't want my chinese guests to say the same things about my gentoo
38 laptop !
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list