From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Local mail server
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 05:26:50
1 On 8/1/20 1:53 PM, antlists wrote:
2 > That's one of the good things about the UK scene. In theory, and mostly
3 > in practice, the infrastructure (ie copper, fibre) is provided by a
4 > company which is not allowed to provide the service over it, so a
5 > mom-n-pop ISP can supposedly rent the link just as easily as a big ISP.
6
7 For a long time, the incumbent telephone carrier was required to allow
8 other companies to access the DSL network and provide service.
9
10 I've not kept up with the laws and have no idea of the current state.
11
12 > When we move I'll almost certainly move to Andrews and Arnold, who are
13 > exactly that mom-n-pop setup that are run by a bunch of engineers, as
14 > opposed to accountants.
15
16 :-)
21 Grant. . . .