From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Something eats my memory - please help
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:28:35
1 On Monday 10 Apr 2017 12:26:38 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have Gkrellm on my parking desktop. That's the desktop I'm usually on
4 > when I'm not doing anything. At a glance, I can see what the CPUs are
5 > doing, memory, disks, fans and a whole host of other things. I can't see
6 > me going without Gkrellm. I'd be one sad puppy if it stopped working or
7 > being developed. :-( I'd want it up and running no matter what desktop
8 > I was using. As you showed, you can make it really small if one wants
9 > too.
10
11 Here's another vote for gkrellm, which I have been using for more years than
12 I can easily remember. I have it permanently on display on all desktops: one
13 instance for this workstation and one each for two other boxes on the LAN. I
14 like to know what my systems are doing, all the time, BOINC and all. So on
15 my 27", 1920x1080 display I can afford a 100px display of each.
16
17 I also subscribe to the gkrellm mailing list to stay up to date and so that
18 I can report oddities, which do crop up from time to time. One of those at
19 the moment is that my NVMe disk shows up in between sda and sdb, which are
20 both external USB drives. Hey ho.
23 Regards
24 Peter