From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] moving to ADSL
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:13:59
1 Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> writes:
2
3 > I'm about to switch from cable to ADSL anytime soon, and I'm trying to
4 > prepare the computer for the big change, given that there will be a time
5 > gap without internet access and that I can't expect any support
6 > whatsoever from the provider's staff. Of course, I can't do any
7 > testing...
8 >
9 > According to
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=3,
11 > it seems that it is enough to emerge net-dialup/rp-pppoe, edit
12 > /etc/conf.d/net and edit /etc/ppp/pap-secrets. Is this correct? I mean,
13 > what about the contents of /etc/ppp/, like /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf? Aren't
14 > we supposed to edit at least the latter?
15
16 Would it not be much simpler to use a router to connect to the ADSL
17 and use ethernet or Wifi to connect the PC(s) to the router?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list