From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] black screen on boot when udevevents are processed
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 18:18:20
1 lee <lee@××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > <wabenbau@×××××.com> writes:
6 > [...]
7 >>> However, I can see the BIOS and the boot manager menu, then during
8 >>> booting, the screen goes black and the monitor says "no signal"
9 >>> (probably when the nvidia module is loaded). So I logged in blindly
10 >>> and started X11 and got a picture again.
11 >>>
12 >>> The monitor info says 4k@60Hz in the BIOS and when X11 is running. So
13 >>> there must be some setting which causes the graphics card to blank out
14 >>> on the console.
15 >>>
16 >>> Any idea what that could be?
17 >>
18 > [...]
19 >
20 > So I need to read some documentation tomorrow ...
21
22 Does the nvidia module have any options which can specified when it is
23 loaded? I haven't found anything about that in the docs.
24
25 Using "nomodeswitch" didn't help; blacklisting the module did help.
26 That proves that loading the module when not starting X11 makes the
27 screen go blank.
31 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
32 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.