From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey, Linux and bank websites.
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:23:34
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Nelson, David J wrote:
3 >> Try emailing your bank? It may be that their website uses some sort
4 >> of Windows script via MSIE (which I am led to believe allows sites to
5 >> do stuff with your local machine, I know at work if I open the
6 >> intranet in MSIE it knows who I am from my NT logon, but in firefox I
7 >> have to enter username and password) that finds some sort of
8 >> identifier about your PC.
9 >>
10 >> Either way, call your bank or email them and complain. If they value
11 >> your business they'll maybe at least try to help if they can.
12 >>
13 >> PS apologies for the top post, I'm using Outlook at work which for
14 >> some reason plays silly-buggers with some emails and wont let me
15 >> write my email under the email I'm replying to. A heineous (sp?)
16 >> crime I know.
17 >>
18 >> --
19 >> djn
20 >>
21 >> I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
24 > Well, I hope everybody is sitting down here. I went diggin in the
25 > cookie jar, found a few cookies for that website and deleted them
26 > all. Guess what, the thing works fine now. Go figure.
27 >
28 > After all that it just needed me to delete the stupid cookie so it
29 > could make a new one I guess. Somebody come slap the crap out of my
30 > head. LOL
31 >
32 > I do appreciate all the replies and the people that tried to figure
33 > out something to help. I hope the bank one will be this easy too.
34 >
35 > Dale
36 >
37 > :-) :-) :-) :-)
40 > --
41 > www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
44 Well, the bank changed their site too. It works but I ran into a new
45 thing. You know how you can use form manager and password manager to
46 fill in user names and passwords, well this doesn't work any more. I
47 had, key word is had, a really secure password but it is hard to type in
48 all that crap. I changed it to something shorter and easier to type in.
49
50 It's funny, this thing is supposed to be more secure and it seems that I
51 have had to give up some security to use their security. Strange huh?
52
53 Thanks for all the help.
54
55 Dale
56
60 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
61
62 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.