From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey, Linux and bank websites.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:40:06
1 Nelson, David J wrote:
2 > Try emailing your bank? It may be that their website uses some sort of
3 > Windows script via MSIE (which I am led to believe allows sites to do
4 > stuff with your local machine, I know at work if I open the intranet
5 > in MSIE it knows who I am from my NT logon, but in firefox I have to
6 > enter username and password) that finds some sort of identifier about
7 > your PC.
8 >
9 > Either way, call your bank or email them and complain. If they value
10 > your business they'll maybe at least try to help if they can.
11 >
12 > PS apologies for the top post, I'm using Outlook at work which for
13 > some reason plays silly-buggers with some emails and wont let me write
14 > my email under the email I'm replying to. A heineous (sp?) crime I know.
15 >
16 > --
17 > djn
18 >
19 > I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
22 Well, I hope everybody is sitting down here. I went diggin in the
23 cookie jar, found a few cookies for that website and deleted them all.
24 Guess what, the thing works fine now. Go figure.
25
26 After all that it just needed me to delete the stupid cookie so it could
27 make a new one I guess. Somebody come slap the crap out of my head. LOL
28
29 I do appreciate all the replies and the people that tried to figure out
30 something to help. I hope the bank one will be this easy too.
31
32 Dale
33
38 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967