From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root on raid 1 = no boot
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:36:35
1 On Donnerstag, 28. August 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag, 28. August 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 > > Am Donnerstag, 28. August 2008 17:30:44 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
4 > > > thanks, the last thing I want to deal with is an initrd.
5 > >
6 > > It's initramfs nowadays and that's quite easy to handle.
7 >
8 > do you have a nice little howto? Not some general one but a 'you need this
9 > to get raid1 root booting'. Because I am totally stuck. From the stuff I
10 > read it should work - but I always get a root not found panic.
11
12 I created an initramfs with genkernel (I hate genkernel). Now it works. grmpf.
13 I wish I wouldn't have to use it.