From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tabbed x11-terms/rxvt-unicode
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:52:33
1 On Saturday 08 October 2011 19:43:53 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > I'm going to start a bug-filing campaign against packages like this some
4 > day. The only description we ever get for use flag foo is 'enable
5 > support for foo', which doesn't tell you anything at all about how it
6 > affects a given package.
7
8 I did file a bug a year or two ago about the almost uselessness of USE flag
9 descriptions. It caused a flurry of activity in quite a few packages, but
10 conspicuous silence in the rest. Needless to say, the activity soon died
11 away and the status quo resumed. Programmers are not writers of English, by
12 and large.
15 Rgds
16 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23