From: Redouane Boumghar <redouane.boumghar@×××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Date and time reset randomly.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:33:36
1 Hello Bernard and Co :)
2
3 Are you using dual boot with another OS ?
4 In that case, maybe you're using your other OS every 15 boots
5 and maybe it has a wrong date&time and sets it to the hardware
6 at every shutdown. Thus while you are rebooting on your Gentoo
7 the hardware clock is wrong.
8
9 Check your /etc/conf.d/clock if you have authorized gentoo to
10 set your time to your hardware at every shutdown so your other OS
11 reads it well :
12
13 CLOCK_SYSTOHC="yes"
16 Else other folks' proposition may be right about your BIOS Battery.
17
18 It is always good to be on time hehe ;-)
19 Hope this helps,
20