From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 03:53:11
1 On 2/24/20 5:22 PM, james wrote:
2 > On 2/24/20 4:30 PM, n952162 wrote:
3 >> What do you mean with this?
4 >>
5 >> On 2020-02-21 00:38, james wrote:
6 >>> Now, I'm a 5G activist, so that telcos become merely non-exclusive
7 >>> bandwidth providers and only the less informed use them for mobile
8 >>> software stacks.....
9 >>
10 >> I, like everybody else, am "less informed", but I'm informed enough to
11 >> strongly doubt that the telcos will give up the grip that they have on
12 >> the mobile market.� 3gpp is not Wikileaks.� It's a telco tool to make
13 >> money (that's not a criticism.� The mobile industry put food on my
14 >> table
15 >> for decades).� I'm not on the 5G track, but as far as I understand,
16 >> it's
17 >> mostly just new Radio Access Network technology.� Does it have a
18 >> different interface to the core (business systems)?� Not likely -
19 >> that's
20 >> been serving since G2.
25 > Exactly. The major telcos, like many other super corps, need to be
26 > 'reigned in'. Many experts know this, they haven't a clue, nor the balls
27 > to speak up.
28 >
29 > A myriad of linux technologies and efforts, from the people, can look
30 > 'the beast' in the eyes and say NO.
31 > ENOUGH. OR they can just lay down and prepare to be subsumed. I've made
32 > my choice; but I'm old and ready to go. So what the hell do I have to
33 > loose?
36 > There is so much more, than the published standards on 5G, which are
37 > still not finalized, than most comprehend.
38 > I doubt 5G will ever have a finalized standard, not even in the USA.
39 > Sure they may act like it is, but there are too many things afoot, for
40 > it to become static.
41 >
42 > I cannot nor will not exactly finger specifics, as that could land me in
43 > incarceration, where I'm not even allowed a lawyer.
46 > What I am willing to speak up about, is GENTOO, needs a cellular
47 > offering, imho. That way, movement from the cell to workstation to the
48 > lappy-tablet and other devices, becomes the essence of security for the
49 > individual.
50 >
51 > Just marinate of having 3 or more cellphone-stacks on a single phone so
52 > you can boot (1s) into different distros. Or having 3 sockets with
53 > different sim cards:
54 >
55 > https://www.lifewire.com/what-are-sim-cards-577532
56 >
57 > Common man, the carriers are in charge of cellular security. Do you
58 > think there is any real security on your or my cellphone?
59 >
60 > So what happens when ordinary folks, like comm_hackers,
61 > have hundreds of sim cards. Swaping of sim_cards. The list goes on and
62 > on and on.
63 >
64 > The real opportunity here, is that CONSTITUIONALLY,
65 > law-abiding citizens have every right to privacy, which includes
66 > personal ID security. One day, maybe soon, after 5G takes hold, a
67 > class-action lawsuit, will find favor at the Supreme court. At the state
68 > and regional level, not much hope. But the US supreme court has a
69 > history of siding with citizens in such matters. The Supreme court is
70 > very likely to become a stong activist,
71 > due to the Trillions of dollars in fraud, and that fraud mostly damages
72 > folks at the bottom of our society.
73 >
74 > Things like hospital and doctor groups, where you owe money of services,
75 > you can never pay, are about to make the bottom half of US society,
76 > permanent victims all via that vendor controlled cell phone.
77 >
78 > ENOUGH BULLSHIT!� Time to act, ymmv.
79 >
80 > Local lawenforcement can easily circumvent 'due process' via modern cell
81 > phones. Many companies are doing just that, and selling illegal data, to
82 > anyone with money.
83 >
84 > Shall I continue to elaborate? NO. Picture is more than adequately
85 > framed, imho.
86 >
87 > Be Blessed,
88 > James