From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 22:22:58
1 On 2/24/20 4:30 PM, n952162 wrote:
2 > What do you mean with this?
3 >
4 > On 2020-02-21 00:38, james wrote:
5 >> Now, I'm a 5G activist, so that telcos become merely non-exclusive
6 >> bandwidth providers and only the less informed use them for mobile
7 >> software stacks.....
8 >
9 > I, like everybody else, am "less informed", but I'm informed enough to
10 > strongly doubt that the telcos will give up the grip that they have on
11 > the mobile market.� 3gpp is not Wikileaks.� It's a telco tool to make
12 > money (that's not a criticism.� The mobile industry put food on my table
13 > for decades).� I'm not on the 5G track, but as far as I understand, it's
14 > mostly just new Radio Access Network technology.� Does it have a
15 > different interface to the core (business systems)?� Not likely - that's
16 > been serving since G2.
21 Exactly. The major telcos, like many other super corps, need to be
22 'reigned in'. Many experts know this, they haven't a clue, nor the balls
23 to speak up.
24
25 A myriad of linux technologies and efforts, from the people, can look
26 'the beast' in the eyes and say NO.
27 ENOUGH. OR they can just lay down and prepare to be subsumed. I've made
28 my choice; but I'm old and ready to go. So what the hell do I have to loose?
31 There is so much more, than the published standards on 5G, which are
32 still not finalized, than most comprehend.
33 I doubt 5G will ever have a finalized standard, not even in the USA.
34 Sure they may act like it is, but there are too many things afoot, for
35 it to become static.
36
37 I cannot nor will not exactly finger specifics, as that could land me in
38 incarceration, where I'm not even allowed a lawyer.
41 What I am willing to speak up about, is GENTOO, needs a cellular
42 offering, imho. That way, movement from the cell to workstation to the
43 lappy-tablet and other devices, becomes the essence of security for the
44 individual.
45
46 Just marinate of having 3 or more cellphone-stacks on a single phone so
47 you can boot (1s) into different distros. Or having 3 sockets with
48 different sim cards:
49
50 https://www.lifewire.com/what-are-sim-cards-577532
51
52 Common man, the carriers are in charge of cellular security. Do you
53 think there is any real security on your or my cellphone?
54
55 So what happens when ordinary folks, like comm_hackers,
56 have hundreds of sim cards. Swaping of sim_cards. The list goes on and
57 on and on.
58
59 The real opportunity here, is that CONSTITUIONALLY,
60 law-abiding citizens have every right to privacy, which includes
61 personal ID security. One day, maybe soon, after 5G takes hold, a
62 class-action lawsuit, will find favor at the Supreme court. At the state
63 and regional level, not much hope. But the US supreme court has a
64 history of siding with citizens in such matters. The Supreme court is
65 very likely to become a stong activist,
66 due to the Trillions of dollars in fraud, and that fraud mostly damages
67 folks at the bottom of our society.
68
69 Things like hospital and doctor groups, where you owe money of services,
70 you can never pay, are about to make the bottom half of US society,
71 permanent victims all via that vendor controlled cell phone.
72
73 ENOUGH BULLSHIT! Time to act, ymmv.
74
75 Local lawenforcement can easily circumvent 'due process' via modern cell
76 phones. Many companies are doing just that, and selling illegal data, to
77 anyone with money.
78
79 Shall I continue to elaborate? NO. Picture is more than adequately
80 framed, imho.
81
82 Be Blessed,
83 James