From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 21:31:02
1 What do you mean with this?
2
3 On 2020-02-21 00:38, james wrote:
4 > Now, I'm a 5G activist, so that telcos become merely non-exclusive
5 > bandwidth providers and only the less informed use them for mobile
6 > software stacks.....
7
8 I, like everybody else, am "less informed", but I'm informed enough to
9 strongly doubt that the telcos will give up the grip that they have on
10 the mobile market.  3gpp is not Wikileaks.  It's a telco tool to make
11 money (that's not a criticism.  The mobile industry put food on my table
12 for decades).  I'm not on the 5G track, but as far as I understand, it's
13 mostly just new Radio Access Network technology.  Does it have a
14 different interface to the core (business systems)?  Not likely - that's
15 been serving since G2.