From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:56:46
1 On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 7/20/2011 6:29 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Also, run a caching proxy if at all possible. That made the single
5 >> biggest difference for my server.
6 >>
7 >> Other useful things:
8 >> * Set the MaxRequestsPerChild to something like 450.
9 >
10 >        That's pretty low. You'd barely get your application parsed, cached,
11 > and load some data before you'd have to recycle the child process. Most
12 > people set it around 10000. Large enough to be useful, but still deal with
13 > any minor memory leaks.
14
15 Depends on your application. I had to set it low because the
16 application wouldn't fit in a 540MB VPS, otherwise. I've since bumped
17 up to a 2GB VPS, so I can probably afford Really, a caching proxy is
18 the first, best thing, if it's not already in use.
19
20 Let the thread carry on...
24 :wq