From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:38:27
1 >>> Also, run a caching proxy if at all possible. That made the single
2 >>> biggest difference for my server.
3 >>>
4 >>> Other useful things:
5 >>> * Set the MaxRequestsPerChild to something like 450.
6 >>
7 >>        That's pretty low. You'd barely get your application parsed, cached,
8 >> and load some data before you'd have to recycle the child process. Most
9 >> people set it around 10000. Large enough to be useful, but still deal with
10 >> any minor memory leaks.
11 >
12 > Depends on your application. I had to set it low because the
13 > application wouldn't fit in a 540MB VPS, otherwise. I've since bumped
14 > up to a 2GB VPS, so I can probably afford  Really, a caching proxy is
15 > the first, best thing, if it's not already in use.
16 >
17 > Let the thread carry on...
18
19 A cache makes sense, but I hesitate to establish a new layer. How is
20 the setup and maintenance? I found this which is at least not
21 super-easy:
22
23 http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies
24
25 Would I be able to make a change to an image, immediately refresh, and
26 see the change?
27
28 - Grant