From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Discontinued Package: Copy to local overlay, just leave installed, or install manually?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 11:57:29
1 Mike Civil wrote:
2 >
3 > OK I don't use gsutil so can't test what the removal of the two components would mean but I don't see where the bug says gsutils itself is going to be removed?
4
5 Ehm... maybe a misunderstanding? The posting I mentioned was:
6
7 --- cut here ---
8
9 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-python/oauth2client and revdeps (app-misc/gcalcli, app-misc/goobook, net-misc/gsutil)
10 # Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (2023-02-03)
11 # The package has been archived upstream. It is broken with all Python
12 # versions supported by Gentoo, and it is broken with django-2.
13 # The other listed packages are its reverse dependencies.
14 # Removal on 2023-03-05. Bug #718972.
15 app-misc/gcalcli
16 app-misc/goobook
17 dev-python/gcs-oauth2-boto-plugin
18 dev-python/google-apitools
19 dev-python/google-reauth-python
20 dev-python/oauth2client
21 net-misc/gsutil
22
23 --- cut here ---
24
25 I interpreted this as "all of them are going to be removed".
26
27 Anyway, "equery d oauth2client" lists gcs-oauth2-boto-plugin,
28 google-apitools, and google-reauth-python as well (which are
29 dependencies of gsutil). So even the removal of oauth2client
30 alone would break gsutil.
31
32 BTW, all of them have only python_targets_python3_9 and 3_10.
33 Currenty I have Python 3.10 and 3.11 installed, and "eselect
34 python list" says "3.11 3.10" (in that order). Why does gsutil
35 work anyway? Automatic fallback to 3.10?
36
37 I guess I must not ever deinstall Python 3.10 in order to keep
38 this running?
39
40 -Matt