From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem on Hardware Update
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:09:57
1 On Thursday 26 Jun 2014 13:05:55 João Matos wrote:
2 > Dear list,
3 >
4 > I upgrade my mobo/CPU/mems. They're completely different (Intel to AMD).
5 >
6 > I built the kernel myself, and, as soon as I intended to use the new
7 > hardware, I compilled it changing "Processor type" and enable the SATA
8 > driver. The sistem seemed to boot properly (all boot messagens ok, all
9 > services started - except X), but it freezes after boot.
10 >
11 > I'm not sure, but It seems my usb keyboard is not recognized. I tried to
12 > solve it using "make localmodconfig", but it didn't work.
13 >
14 > any suggestions?
15 >
16 > I was think on rebuild my system changing the -march to the new processor.
17 > But I'm not sure is it will solve my problems.
18
19 In either case check the logs to find out if it has recorded an error or
20 warning. Also look at dmesg if you can ssh into it.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick