From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem on Hardware Update
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:06:24
1 Dear list,
2
3 I upgrade my mobo/CPU/mems. They're completely different (Intel to AMD).
4
5 I built the kernel myself, and, as soon as I intended to use the new
6 hardware, I compilled it changing "Processor type" and enable the SATA
7 driver. The sistem seemed to boot properly (all boot messagens ok, all
8 services started - except X), but it freezes after boot.
9
10 I'm not sure, but It seems my usb keyboard is not recognized. I tried to
11 solve it using "make localmodconfig", but it didn't work.
12
13 any suggestions?
14
15 I was think on rebuild my system changing the -march to the new processor.
16 But I'm not sure is it will solve my problems.
21 João Neto
22 Linux User #461527
23 http://br.linkedin.com/pub/jo%C3%A3o-de-matos/7/316/552