From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem on Hardware Update
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:32:41
1 On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:05:55 -0300, João Matos wrote:
2
3 > I upgrade my mobo/CPU/mems. They're completely different (Intel to AMD).
4 >
5 > I built the kernel myself, and, as soon as I intended to use the new
6 > hardware, I compilled it changing "Processor type" and enable the SATA
7 > driver. The sistem seemed to boot properly (all boot messagens ok, all
8 > services started - except X), but it freezes after boot.
9 >
10 > I'm not sure, but It seems my usb keyboard is not recognized. I tried to
11 > solve it using "make localmodconfig", but it didn't work.
12
13 Do you have both OHCI and UHCI drivers built in your kernel? I can never
14 remember which one Intel uses, but AMD chipsets generally use the other
15 one.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Top Oxymorons Number 47: Act naturally