From: Jacques Montier <jacmonti@×××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual boot system - backup with rsync
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:05:18
1 JC D a gentiment tapote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I am trying to make a backup with rsync on a external USB drive. I
5 > have to reinstall my Windows and for good reasons I want to save my
6 > Gentoo! I have to things I am not sure how to handle. First, how do I
7 > get the backup back on my laptop? I did not found an appropriate
8 > example how to do this with a LiveCD and rsync. I have a /boot
9 > partition and a /root -partition that I want to have back on place.
10 >
11 > And second what do I have backup from my present windows (boot.ini ,...)
12 > I am really unsure how I get the bootloader back to work ;)
13 >
14 > If someone has experience with backup and restore of a dual boot
15 > system please give me an advice.
16 >
17 > Thank you!
18 >
19 > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
20 > Der neue Internet Explorer 7 in deutscher Ausführung ist da
21 > <http://de.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44263/*http://de.downloads.yahoo.com/internetexplorer/index.php>!
24 Hi,
25
26 I use the SysRescueCD live CD and backup all my system (Gentoo) with
27 partimage.
28 It's easy to use and safe.
29 http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
30