From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: elogviewer and something odd with equery
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:05:34
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > Again, I am using Konsole for this. This may be a KDE thing. I know
4 > it worked fine in KDE3 but then again, a LOT of things worked fine in
5 > KDE3.
6
7 It's probably not a KDE thing. I'm also using konsole in KDE4, and after
8 becoming root (via su or su -) I have no Problems starting X applications.
9
10 I'm no expert at X authorization stuff. But I know that in the past I also
11 had trouble when becoming root. Why it works for me and not for you - I
12 don't know.
13
14 Workarounds you might try:
15 - Emerge sux, and use sux instead of su. Worked for me in the past.
16 - ssh -Y root@localhost
17
18 Wonko