From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: elogviewer and something odd with equery
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:11:45
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
5 >> Again, I am using Konsole for this. This may be a KDE thing. I know
6 >> it worked fine in KDE3 but then again, a LOT of things worked fine in
7 >> KDE3.
8 >>
9 > It's probably not a KDE thing. I'm also using konsole in KDE4, and after
10 > becoming root (via su or su -) I have no Problems starting X applications.
11 >
12 > I'm no expert at X authorization stuff. But I know that in the past I also
13 > had trouble when becoming root. Why it works for me and not for you - I
14 > don't know.
15 >
16 > Workarounds you might try:
17 > - Emerge sux, and use sux instead of su. Worked for me in the past.
18 > - ssh -Y root@localhost
19 >
20 > Wonko
25 I don't use su. When I open the Konsole, it asks for a password. It
26 just uses the konsole command but it is told to run as root. This is
27 pretty much how it did in KDE3 tho. When I open it, it pops up a window
28 and asks for the root password. Then it opens Konsole. This is done
29 from the little K menu thingy.
30
31 That make sense?
32