From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Again: Critical bugs considered invalid
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:18:42
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On 6/9/07, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Let me guess, Jakub closed it? LOL
5 >>
6 >> Can I also assume he decided to stay? I read he was leaving a while
7 >> back.
8 >>
9 >> Dale
10 >>
11 >> :-) :-) :-)
14 > Lemme be perfectly clear here. Jakub does a very good job of what he
15 > does, and gentoo IMO does suffer a bit when hes not here. Bugs need
16 > wrangling, or the right devs dont get even told they're there, and
17 > Jakub does a legendary job of redirecting them to the right place.
18 > Its like having an email server with only one ingoing email address
19 > and having to get a human to redirect all the mails by hand to the
20 > right inboxes.
21 >
22 > He is like gentoo. Not perfect, but better than all the other choices :)
23 > Gentoo does tend to get a little pissy sometimes, but what can you
24 > expect =)
27 Maybe I should clarify a bit. The first part was a joke. I have filed
28 bugs and I have never had one closed that I can recall. I'm clueless
29 about that sort of thing and he still managed to figure mine out. Not
30 sure how he did that though. LOL
31
32 I subscribe to the dev list and I think that was where I read he was
33 leaving. A LOT, I mean LOT, of people asked him to stay. I didn't but
34 I didn't want him to leave either. Even if he had closed one of my
35 bugs, I still wouldn't. I think replacing him with a bot thing was
36 going to cause a lot of trouble. I read that was their plan at least.
37
38 So, I agree. He does his job well in my opinion. If I had a few extra
39 brain cells left, I would try to help. Me being on dial-up and my
40 health making me unpredictable to say the least would make that pretty
41 much pointless.
42
43 Glad you stayed Jakub. Hang in there.
44
45 Dale
46
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list